Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I stayed up way too late last night!  As soon as I was ready to hit the hay, one of my baby chicks had to go potty at *ehem* 1:30a.m., and tossed and turned.  Did not go to bed until 4:30!  My other baby chick woke me up somewhere in between, then again at 6ish.....I finally got them settled back down, made sure they were sound asleep. Phew-SUCCESS!

Got geared up and ate my usual brekkie of Steel Cut Oats (cooked creamy), maple syrup drizzled & topped with plenty o' blueberries. Slipped on the shoes. Grabbed the Nathan's water bottle (so worth the purchase!!!!!) and out the door!  And we're....<<searching for satellites>>  <<still searching>> .....oh my word <<still searching>> and FINALLY!!

I tried to take it easy, but my eagerness got a hold of me, but mile 6 we're on cruise control (not really)-i find myself pretty speedy at this point for a good 3 miles ... At mile 11, I made the decision to clean up my need for speed and sit back to enjoy the ride.  Pretty much clearing out the cobwebs from my mind.  I got deep into the corners of my life and dug deep searching for improvement (not on speed, distance, just being a better person for my family and friends).  I dig soul-searching on my long runs!  It was such a gorgeous and rewarding 16.11 miles on the first day of Spring!!!  Loved breezing by the aromas of new blooms and hearing the animals-I even witnessed a hawk swoop in for it's prey.  Some animals are so graceful-then you have the road-kill (not so graceful - blech)!


See - how "iRun without"
 

Bonus - I received this sky-blue Diana Shimmel in the mail - love love love Oiselle!!!
 

I'm looking forward to sharing something with you soon - but until then take flight and GO GO GO!!!

1 comment:

  1. "Pretty much clearing out the cobwebs of my mind".. yeah I get that.

    Good stuff!

    Mike
    http://recoveryrun.com

    ReplyDelete